Effective Date: 12th February 2020
This website is operated by Valero Energy Ltd, a company incorporated in England & Wales (company number 8566216), whose registered office is at Fifth Floor, 100 Wood Street, London EC2V 7EX, England. Valero Energy Ltd ("Company" or "we" or "our") is committed to protecting your privacy and takes, the security of your information very seriously.
If you have any concerns or would like to contact us about any aspect of this policy, please get in touch through the contact details at the bottom of this statement.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect information about you via this website and online services. In most instances, you can visit this website without providing any personal data. However, on some pages, we may ask you for personal data to provide a service, register to use a certain part of this website, carry out a transaction requested by you or respond to your enquiry. The personal data that we collect may include:
- contact details, such as your name, title, company/organisation name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers, and physical address;
- information you provide if you fill in a form on this site;
- feedback from you about our products and services (including our websites).
You are not required to provide this information. However, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you the requested product or service, access to a part of this website where registration is required, complete your transaction or respond to your enquiry. We may combine this information with other personal data held by us about you.
Data collected directly from customers. In most instances, you can visit Texaco branded service stations without providing any personal data. However, in the event of complaints, claims or damages at the service station, we may ask you for personal data, like contact details, to assist in dealing with such matters.
Data collected at corporate events we run. We will collect personal about the event attendees. This may include dietary requirements and other special requirements required for event purposes, e.g. access needs.
Data collected at our sites. We will collect personal data at our sites when you visit or access the premises. We will also collect CCTV images during your visit or access to premises.
Data collected automatically. We collect certain data about all visitors to our Web sites, including what pages they view, the number of bytes transferred, the links they click, and other actions taken within our Web sites. We may also use this information to improve our security measures. We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every Web site you visit, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language, your operating system, the date and time you access the site, and the Web site from which you linked to our site. We do not link these data to your identity.
Use of your personal data
We may use the personal data we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to respond to your enquiry;
- to fulfil or process your orders, requests and applications;
- to communicate with you about your order, request or account;
- to respond to any enquiries or complaints submitted by you;
- to provide troubleshooting and technical support and for other customer service purposes;
- to better understand how users access and use our websites and services so that we can improve our websites and services, respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research or analysis purposes;
- to send you marketing information that you have requested or as permitted by law;
- to assist, administer and manage any complaints, claims or damages. We will do this with your consent and in conjunction with the service station;
- to run and administer corporate events;
- to ensure the health and safety of staff and visitors at our sites;
- to prevent and detect crime and for the prosecution of offenders; and
We may also use any non-personally identifiable, de-identified or aggregate information about users for marketing, advertising and research.
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example to provide services. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these contractual obligations.
- To comply with our legal obligations for example, obligations relating to taxation, financial reporting and court orders.
- To meet our legitimate interests, for example to understand how you use our services and to enable us to derive knowledge from that to enable us to develop new services. When we process your information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. For more information about the balancing test that we carry out to process your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, please contact us at the details below.
Disclosure of your personal data
Except as described below, personal data that you provide to Company will not be shared outside of Company, the Valero group (which means Company's subsidiaries, Company's ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries) and any Company joint ventures.
Disclosure to service providers. Company contracts with other companies to provide services on our behalf, such as hosting websites, sending out information, processing transactions, hosting events and analysing our websites. We provide these companies with only those elements of your personal data they need to provide those services. These companies and their employees are prohibited from using those personal data for any other purposes. We may disclose your personal data to the services stations and another other third parties required to facilitate the investigation in connection with any complaints, claims you may bring.
Disclosure in connection with transactions. In connection with certain transactions, we may disclose some or all of your personal data to financial institutions, government entities, and shipping companies or postal services involved in fulfilling the transaction. Disclosures in connection with acquisitions or divestitures. Circumstances may arise where for strategic or other business reasons Company decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganise particular businesses. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of your personal data to prospective or actual purchasers, or receiving it from sellers. It is Company's practice to seek appropriate protection for information being disclosed in these types of transactions.
Legal Process. We may disclose personal data where we believe such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, witness summons or other legal process.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies and Web beacons
Data security and retention
Company is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. For example, our networking systems include an industry standard firewall and systems that are both physically and logically protected (via secured locations and passwords); personal data is regularly backed-up and stored in a secure location; and when you place an order with us, view account information, or provide financial information, we protect the transmission of such data using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption.
Your personal data will be retained for up to 12 months following the visit to our website.
Reviewing your personal data and other rights
In some cases, you can review and correct personal data provided through the Web site by going to the page on which you provided the data. You can always make a request to review and correct your personal data collected via the Web site by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may take steps to verify your identity before providing you access to your personal data. You can help us to keep your data accurate by notifying us of any change to your mailing address, phone number, or e-mail address.
You may also have rights to restrict some of the processing we have described above.
International transfers of personal data
Company's ultimate holding company is headquartered in the United States and has subsidiaries worldwide, including in Europe, Canada, the U.S., Aruba, Peru, and Mexico.
This website may contain links to other websites, including those of other companies, professional and government organisations, and publications. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we do not control and are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites. You should review the privacy policies of those websites to determine how they protect and use your personal data. If you have questions regarding this Policy or our handling of your personal data, please contact us at: email@example.com
We do not knowingly collect personal data from any children under the age of 16.
Questions or complaints
If you have questions regarding this Policy or our handling of your personal data or if you wish to complain, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also write to us at: Valero Energy Ltd, 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AA
You are also able to complain to the Supervisory Authority whose details can be found at: www.ico.org.uk
We may occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will revise the "Effective Date" at the top of this Policy. We will obtain consent for any updates that materially expand the sharing or use of your personal data, in ways not disclosed to you at the time of collection.